Sunday, June 17, 2012

Call of Freedom- Book 1- United, Chapter 4- War.



Overview: This scene is very intense ;)

Story Breathing heavily, a reporter ran up to Senator Warren. “we just received word….. Massachusetts….. war broke out!” “What?” Thomas Warren couldn’t believe what he heard. “In Lexington, Kentucky this morning President Arnold’s troops clashed with a small group of Kentuckians. The Kentuckians saw President Arnold’s troops getting ready to get a train to go east to Virginia. These Kentucky patriots weren’t going to let the troops through. Refusing to submit to the soldier’s demands, an explosion was heard but the intensity of the people’s emotions caused them to think somebody fired. War broke out. The explosion was later found out to be from an abandoned building, where carbon dioxide was building up.” Warren shook his head “No, just no… why did it come to this?” Shock was in the air, what happened? At the president's mansion, Charles Arnold smiled; “Well, that should show those rebels, Secretary Gate.” The timid secretary walked over “I want more troops, this time, expand them to the landlocked states, and especially more in Kentucky." “President Arnold, you can’t do this!” Vice President Washington spoke up from across the room. “Who said I can’t? I’m the President I can do what I want!” Washington was indignant; “These Patriots have seen what you are doing as an attack and are gathering their armies” “I’m going to win anyway, you hear me Patrick Washington?” The Vice President left the room. That very same night, the Senate had an emergency joint meeting. “Order, order!” Washington banged his mallet “the Chair recognizes the Senator from Kentucky Jenaye White.” Jenaye stood up, her blue-green eyes shone with deep concern “Mr.President, gunfire started, in my own state. I’d say as the Senate must take the side of the Patriot army....” Before she could finish President Arnold walked in; “You may be pleased or angry to know I just signed a paper, granting me rights over the states, and the legislative branch.” “Who gave you such rights?” the Vice President demanded. “My cabinet” replied the president as he left. An eery and unusual quite was over the senate chamber. Thomas Warren was the first to speak, “Mr. President! Does that make the President’s actions null and void to us? As he is no longer a proper authority under the constitution.” The Vice President leaned forward in his chair, “Senator, would you like to write a declaration of some sorts? Laying out the President’s offenses and why he is not fit for it.” Thomas pondered for a moment and said, “It will be a honor.”

No comments:

Post a Comment