The day congress convened the sun was shinning bright, not a
cloud in the sky. The first order of business was to choose a president. Thomas Warren stood up “I nominate Senator Glenn Bertch of Pennsylvania!" Glenn looked
around, “I accept” he said. Calah Rutledge took the floor “Mr. President, I propose we draft a petition
asking for peace with the Loyalists.” Jenaye White was listening, she liked
this idea “Mr. President, lets pass this by unanimous consent!” It was
approved. A general for the growing
rag-tag Patriot militia was also needed. Jenaye White gave the floor to Chris
Millsap of North Carolina. Chris gave a long speech
about our glorious American heritage and our need to preserve freedom. Congress unanimously voted Chris
Millsap as the new general.
blazing fireplace. “Secretary of War, I want more troops sent to the states.”
The Patriot Army was in disarray, a rag-tag group of militia. The Patriots were waiting on one side of Watchung Mountains in Watchung, NJ. General Chris Millsap gave the order “Don’t fire until you see the whites of their eyes!” The Loyalists came up the other side and fired. Chris gave the order to fire back. Charity Klicka was in the front lines, firing away at the enemy soldiers. Brit Baber looked over and saw her; “Wow! For a girl she sure can fight!” Charity ran over to the enemy lines, and took a brown horse a man fell off of. She rode across back to the Patriot lines “Rally behind New Hampshire! Come on your South Carolinians! Massachusetts men, I see you under that tree get over here! We are going to storm the lines.” Brit, a Massachusetts man did just as he was told. “Rally behind New Hampshire!!!” shouted General Millsap. They were going to storm the Loyalist lines. All was still, the sound of horse hooves crunched against the soft leaves. “Fire!” Loyalists troops were disoriented, and retreated. The Patriots won.
No comments:
Post a Comment